Probity and Ethics Course
Probity & Ethics Course
Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Midwives, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Social workers,Physiotherapists and all other Health and Care Professionals
If you are facing a complaint or investigation in your department or with GMC/GDC/NMC/GPhC/GOsC/GCC/HCPC or another regulatory body.
Improve knowledge and understanding of probity & ethics and the expected professional and ethical standards and learn what to do if a breach happens. Avoid situations of misconduct and fitness to practice.
Topics covered include:- Probity, honesty
- How to build and demonstrate detailed Insight and Reflection
Note: Due to the current CORONA VIRUS situation, our course is being conducted via video link
Ethics, Probity, and Professionalism courses – Face-to-Face & Online courses
Probity and Ethics is registered with the CPD UK.
You will receive a Recognised CPD certificate at the end of the course.
Will I receive a CPD Certificate for the course?
The Probity and Ethics course is recognised and certified by the CPD UK and you will receive a recognised CPD certificate at the end of the course.
Who is the Probity and Ethics course for?
The course is for doctors, dentists, nurses, midwives, pharmacists, osteopaths, chiropractors, psychologist, physiotherapists or other health and care professionals who are facing complaints or investigations, panel/tribunal hearings or sanctions in cases related to ethics, probity, honesty and professionalism issues. This might be in their own departments or with the GMC, GDC, NMC, GPhC, GOsC, GCC, HCPC or other regulatory bodies.
The course is also for clinicians who wish to refresh their knowledge and understanding of probity and ethics for continuous professional development or appraisal re-validation purposes. Avoid getting into a situation of misconduct and fitness to practice.
The issues or allegations of misconduct may arise from situations like:
– Falsifying clinical records
– Falsifying references or qualifications or CV
– Failure to disclose important information to the GMC, GDC, NMC, GPhC, GOsC, GCC, HCPC or other regulatory body
– Problems with documentation, consent
– Inappropriate relations with patients or colleagues
– Prescribing issues
– Lying or covering up, e.g., failing to admit allegations at hearing
– Misconduct in personal life, e.g., criminal, sexual, violence, drink driving, fraud, social media issues
– Failure to apologise and express remorse
– Failing to demonstrate Insight, Reflection and Remediation
What is the Probity and Ethics course about? The Objectives of the course?
– Understanding what is Probity and Ethics and the expected Professional and Ethical standards
– Why is Probity and Ethics important for a doctor, dentist, nurse, midwife, pharmacist, osteopaths, chiropractors, psychologist, physiotherapists or other health and care professional
– Avoiding breaching the professional standards of probity and ethics as a professional clinician
– Understanding the results and impacts of a breach of probity and ethics on patients, colleagues, general public, the clinician and the regulator like the GMC, GDC, NMC, GPhC, GOsC, GCC, HCPC or other regulatory bodies
– What to do if a breach of probity and ethics happens – Building Insight, Reflection and Remediation
– Learning from cases/examples where a breach of probity and ethics happened
What does the Course day comprise of?
The Probity and Ethics course is a one-day course.
The course is very interactive and the course facilitator engages the delegates actively throughout the course.
The day comprises of lectures and discussions.
The lectures include:
– What is Probity and Ethics and the Professional standards expected of doctors, dentists, nurses/midwives, pharmacists, osteopaths, chiropractors, psychologist, physiotherapists or other health and care professionals
– Why is Probity and Ethics important
– Results and Impacts of a breach of Probity and Ethics on the doctor, dentist, nurse, midwife, pharmacist, osteopaths, chiropractors, psychologist, physiotherapists or other health and care professional, and also on others including patients, colleagues, general public, the profession and the regulator like the GMC, GDC, NMC , GPhC, GOsC, GCC, HCPC, Social Work England
– What should a doctor, dentist, nurse, midwife, pharmacist or other health and care professional do if a breach of Probity and Ethics has happened – Insight, Reflection and Remediation
– Discussions about previous cases/examples of dishonesty and breach of Probity and Ethics
– Discussions about individual cases of delegates (who wish to discuss their cases)
Who teaches the course?
The course facilitator has many years’ experience working in the NHS and is well aware of the processes of the GMC investigation and the MPTS.
Course Fee £499
• July 3, 2021
• August 7, 2021
• September 4, 2021
Further dates will be announced later.
Due to the current CORONA VIRUS situation, our course is being conducted via video link
I just wanted to inform you that following attending this course in July and facing my…. Hearing in December, I am now fully restored to the Register ….without any restrictions. I want to express my profound gratitude for your help and support from the course to make this possible.
I feel very confident about my own case now and look forward to reflecting on this course in great detail. I now feel more confident about insight and how to show complete insight to the tribunal panel. I think this course would also benefit people who are NOT part of GMC investigations because it is a good recap of ethics, probity and Good Medical Practice, which all doctors of all grades would benefit from, especially as part of revalidation/appraisals. Thanks again.
..the course was excellent….thoroughly explained why probity is important and we had frank discussions about the mistakes that I had made and why they were dangerous to my patients. He also advised me on how I could present myself and improve the chances of having my license restored ... I am truly grateful for this course and it was worth every penny that it cost.
I feel more confident to prepare for my panel. I feel that I can provide a better reflections of my case
I am extremely grateful for the course as it has immensely enabled me in gaining improved understanding of insight and remediation towards completing my portfolio. I wish I had attended this prior to my initial Fitness Hearing as it would have made all the difference.
Best course I have ever done
Excellent. Please continue. Very interactive, gave chance to ask questions. Very well presented.
Excellent course and delivery. Would recommend
The course was very relevant to my case and I recommend it to anybody who has a dishonesty query.
Very helpful course. Appreciate the meaningful way you designed it. Many thanks for showing light into my way. Thank you